A Conference on the Universe Story
29th June – 1st July 2018
At the University of Winchester
The Universe Story is the story as revealed by science, from the origin of the Universe 13.8 billion years ago, through the creation of the stars, galaxies, our planet Earth, the evolution of life and finally our human journey on this Earth.
It is a story of wonder and amazement. It is a story of mystery and imagination. It is a story that helps us to understand our place in this astonishing, emerging universe and it inspires us to dream of a better world.
At this conference, through inspiring speakers, creative activities, discussion and more, you will be able to immerse yourself in this amazing story and connect with others who are also interested in this theme.
The conference centre has its own Cosmic Walk where you can experience the Universe Story in images from the Big Bang through to the present day. Whether you are new to the Universe Story or you already know a great deal and you want to learn more – you will be welcome.
* Professor Brian Swimme – by video link: Cosmogenetic Experience as a Foundation for a Reinvention of Homo Sapiens
* Professor Emerita Ursula King: A Greater Love for the Earth and All Its People: Earth Literacy, Ecology and Spirituality as seen by Teilhard de Chardin and Thomas Berry
* Professor Jonathan Halliwell: The Universe Story as a Modern Myth: A Physicist’s Perspective
* Dr Jane Riddiford and Rod Sugden: Exploring the Universe Story with Children and Young People
* Robert Woodford: Walk, Learn, Experience: Deep Time Walk – the New Story in motion
The conference will be held at the University of Winchester, West Downs Campus and it will start late afternoon on the Friday and end after lunch on Sunday. All food will be vegetarian and special diets can be catered for. Rooms are single and ensuite.
Click on the link below to find out more about the event and how to book:
GreenSpirit Annual Gathering 2018
Light into Dark – Finding Balance
Image © shutterstock.com/muratart
21st – 23rd September 2018
At: The Nightingale Centre, Great Hucklow, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 8RH
The Autumn Equinox is a time when light and dark are balanced just before we start moving towards shorter days and the longer nights of winter. At this weekend we will honour the harvest and fruitfulness of the summer as we also enjoy the crispness in the air and the changing colours of autumn trees. We will focus on the need for balancing the opposite energies of light and dark by talking together, listening to our speaker, creating some short rituals and devotions, being led in creative activities, workshops and a walk in the glorious scenery of the Peak District.
Dr Vivianne Crowley
~ Journeying inward with the Divine Feminine at Autumn Equinox ~
For full details of the weekend – click on the link below:
This event is supported by GreenSpirit and GreenSpirit will be at the event with a stall:
The Shamanic Lands
Journey into the Inner Realms of Nature and the Heart of Annwn
For Transformation and Harmony
19th and 20th May 2018
Llandrindod Well, Wales
The Shamanic Lands is a two day ceremony and waking shamanic journey uniting the ancient knowledge of the British Isles and Ireland with global shamanic wisdom. We are in a time of great change in the world and shamanism is becoming ever more popular as a way to navigate through the turmoil. The call for us to reconnect back to our authentic selves has never been heard louder. This special edition of The Shamanic Lands will take place in a brand new location, here on the ancient lands of Cymru and will open a doorway of exploration deep into the heart of the Celtic mythical traditions of The Otherworld, Annwn, to reignite the relationship our ancestors had with the lands and the spirits of place.
Remembering the ancient pathways of Druidry, Celtic Shamanism, Faery Lore and Earth Based Wisdom each teacher and healer will guide us through a unique teaching from their own traditions and from direct experience to craft an interactive space where we will learn from our original ancestors, the light within the earth, the shining ones.
Join us on a healing journey through the wisdom teachings, story telling, practical exercises, art, live music and performances, all woven into a unique weekend that will bring harmony, awaken our original connection to nature and highlights the ancient and deep magical heritage that our Shamanic Lands hold.
* Kristoffer Hughes – Head of Anglesey Druid Order: The Gates Of Annwfn – Approaching The Indigenous Celtic Otherworld
* Orion Foxwood – Faery Seer, Appalacian, Conjur-man, Author: Re-consecrating Annwn: Healing Through Faery / Human Alliance
* Danu Forest – Celtic Shaman, Author: A Light In Dark Places: Gwyn Ap Nudd & The Tylwyth Teg
* Michael Dunning – Yew Shaman: Incarnating Annwn As A Force Of Healing & Sacred Communion With The Unseen
* Elen Tompkins – Author, Elven Ascension Guide: Entering The Temple Of The Eveningstar
* Carolyn Hillyer – Musician, Artist, Native Shaman: From Mountain Stream To Ocean Rim: Shaman Weaving the Ancient Landscape
* David Leesley – Author: When Myth becomes Reality. Did our Celtic Sea Deity, Manannan, originate from the South Pacific?
Hosted by: Emma & Davyd Farrell: Shamanic Lands Founders & Hosts
For full details and how to book, go to:
To see other events, click here to view past emails on our email list (scroll down the page).
To make a donation to GreenSpirit click here for a link to an online payment system for GreenSpirit.