The Vegan Cook & Gardener: Growing, storing and cooking delicious healthy food all year round
by Piers Warren and Ella Bee Glendining
Permanent Publications, 256 pages
RRP £19.95, ISBN 978-1856233187
Packed full of photos, this useful guide will help you grow your own fruit and vegetables, and then turn your produce into delicious, no-fuss vegan meals that are healthy for you and the planet.
Grow your own fruit and vegetables, herbs, salads and sprouts, and then turn your produce into delicious, no-fuss vegan meals that are healthy for you and the planet. Father and daughter team, Piers Warren and Ella Bee Glendining, share successful growing techniques and seasonal recipes, plus years of experience of animal-free, healthy living. They show you how to:
* Grow your own food Garden without animal products
* Grow more challenging but delicious crops
* Produce food all year with practical growing techniques
* Store any excess to keep you going through the leaner months
* Cook your produce with a selection of satisfying and delicious recipes
* Discover the fun and huge sense of satisfaction that comes from cooking something you have produced yourself. Grow and eat for a more ethical, healthy and sustainable world!
Review by Marian Van Eyk McCain