GreenSpirit: Path to a New Consciousness has been described as ‘the definitive guide to green spirituality’, and features contributions from twenty-nine inspirational writers, including Matthew Fox, Brian Swimme, Satish Kumar, Emma Restall Orr, David Korten and Neil Douglas-Klotz.
“Never before have so many important ideas on these subjects been assembled between the covers of a single book.”
– Ruper Sheldrake, PhD., biologist and author of A New Science of Life.
– Thomas Berry, geologian and author of The Dream of the Earth and The Great Work: Our Way into the Future.
– Helena Norberg-Hodge, founder and director of the International Society for Ecology and Culture.
– John Seed, founder and director of the Rainforest Information Centre.
– Chris Johnstone, coauthor of Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We’re in without Going Crazy.
- Only by understanding the Universe as a vast, holistic system and Earth as a unit within it can we help restore balance to that unit.
- Only by placing Earth and its ecosystems about which we now understand so much – at the centre of all our thinking can we avert ecological disaster.
- Only by bringing our thinking back into balance with feeling, intuition and awareness and by grounding ourselves in a sense of the sacred in all things can we achieve a new level of consciousness.
- Green spirituality is the key to a new twentyfirst century consciousness. And this book is the most comprehensive ever written on the subject.
Edited by Marian Van Eyk McCain
Foreword by Satish Kumar
Earth Books (an imprint of John Hunt Publishing)
RRP UK £11.99 / US $24.95
Amazon Kindle version also available